What is it?
D2B is a d3-based reusable charting library.
Why use it?
There are several reasons to use d2b. Here are some of them:
- It is built using a similar module design as d3, using rollup.js as a bundler.
- Although it uses a similar implementation pattern as d3, it's purpose is to give you a suite of charts to use out of the box.
- The module design pattern exposes internal d2b and d3 components that can be reconfigured to fit your needs.
- Each d2b component has an extensive API that can be configured.
- Built using the latest major release of d3 >= v4.0.
If you use NPM,
npm install d2b. Otherwise you can download the latest build here. CDN coming soon.
You can see the d2b API references here.
You can try out many d2b examples here.
font awesome icons: Many of the charts use this icon set.
d3-interpolate-path: Used by the d2b
v > 0.40line svg and area svg for smoother interpolation. This dependency is optional, by default d3's path interpolation will be used. If installing with NPM this dependency will automatically be included.
Here is a list of components that I plan to add in the future.
- d2b.chartBubble - A bubble pack chart component with grouping and plotting for change over time.
- d2b.chartRadar - A radar chart component. Might also require a d2b.svgRadar component.
- d2b.chartGauge - A convenience gauge chart component. This is currently achievable through the pie chart.
- d2b.chartScatterMatrix - A scatter-matrix chart component. Will likely use canvas and render queueing to allow for many more points to be drawn.
- d2b.chartParallelCoordinates - A parallel-coordinates chart component. Will likely use canvas and render queueing to allow for many more lines to be drawn.
- d2b.svgAnnotation - An axis-chart graph component for adding annotations to an axis chart. Might make use of Susie Lu's d3.annotate plugin.
- d2b.svgRegion - An axis-chart graph component for adding regions.
- d2b.svgGridMarker An axis-chart graph for adding x, y grid markers.